Tuesday, September 8, 2015

What I have been up to

I started this blog with the intention of being very active. I wanted to combine my passion for Scrapbooking and journalism. As some of you know I am working on a memoir about my life, which has been far from easy. For some of you that have read my previous posts, you will see that they are now gone. I have decided to separate that aspect of my life from my scrapbooking. Over the course of the next few months I will be working on that blog. I will let you know when it is up and running, but for the time being my main focus is scrapping :D

I have been away for the past few months while dealing with some personal and medical issues. The entire month of July and into August I was very sick so I did very little scrapping. So for the past few weeks I have been working on layouts. My plan is to post each one over the next week. (Woohoo for daily submissions) During my time away, quite a few Design Team's started accepting applications. This is my ultimate goal as I would love to help others through inspiration.

So for my first post since being back, I want to share a layout I made using a sketch from Like For Ever. Even though I am on the other side of the world, I just adore their kits. For any UK followers head on over to her shop, I hear nothing but fantastic reviews from her kit subscribers.

When I saw the sketch I instantly fell in love as my new passion has been stitching.


Here is my take on the sketch. I have been dying to use these colors together with the wood background. 


Look at my babies! In this layout I wanted to show the love that they have for one another. In our most difficult time in life, seeing the love our girls have for one another brought so much comfort. It did not matter where we were, as long as they had one another they were happy. 


I was actually watching the Craft Channel a few days ago and had seen a bow maker that doubled as a tassel maker. I did not have this device so I just made my own. 


I am not someone that does cross stitching, however, after I glued this paper down and completed my border stitch, I had an idea. Those teenie tiny squares reminded me of the cross stitch patterns my mom used to do. So I made a heart to go with the love of my girls. I think that this is my favorite part of the entire layout :) Outside of the pictures of course. I would love to see any creations you may come up with should you challenge yourself too. Have a blessed day :D






No comments:

Post a Comment