Monday, June 22, 2015

Mixed media and clothing!

First off I hope everyone had an awesome Father's Day weekend, I know we did. Not to mention my husband got a day time job, so we no longer have to tip toe around the house while he sleeps during the day. Cheers to normalcy. I hope my husband also feels that it was a fantastic weekend ;) 

A little bit about the man in my life.....


We are a pretty free spirited bunch... Some even refer to me as a hippie lol.... I don't see it, but it's a fine title to me. I met Ron in 2003 via a phone chat line.... I was 19 and he was 21, it was actually his birthday. We connected instantly, even though he was on the opposite site of the state. I was in Port Richey, Florida and he was in Delray Beach. We sent pictures to each other via mail (yes folks this was the days of not much internet still or only if you could truly afford it). We continued talking for 6 months. He always told me that he was going to marry me and the words I love you were said after just a few weeks. We instantly connected, we knew we were meant to be. During those 6 months he had to go back to his mother in Memphis, Tennessee. We finally met 6 months to the day that we started talking. He arrived via Greyhound and swept me off me feet. He proposed a few weeks after his arrival and we married 2 weeks after that. We have been married for 11 1/2 years. We have our ups and downs and are far from perfect. Some days we can't stand being in the same room as each other and other days we can't keep our hands off each other, but I call that love. Love that surpasses all things. 

Ron has always been into fashion. I realized that after his first day there and seeing the process he took to get ready, ladies you think your best friend is bad, ha! We're talking 2 hours minimum. I would watch in amazement that later turned into annoyance lol. He has always been my number one scrap booking fan and when he presented me with a plain black pair of Dickies, I said why not. 

The idea was to match the rasta color hat he had gotten and since we are both Bob Marley fans, to incorporate his name and the colors. So I took out my gesso, spray ink, Tim Holtz brick stencil, acrylic paints in the rasta colors, dauber, and letter stencils and went to town. 

I fell in love after I saw the brick! Then it says Marley three times down the brick. 
 
He was in love with how it came out and have had a few people interested in having me do some for them too, but I wanted to share how versatile you can be. Your creativity can shine through all that you do, so embrace it xoxo!

xx<3Tiffani<3xx

No comments:

Post a Comment