Friday, February 19, 2016

Watercolor love

It's so funny how I can be lounging all day feeling extremely lazy, but when my girlfriends tag me in a meme about it being international wine day. all that changes. Suddenly it turns into craft night and I go from 0-60 instantly. House cleaned, dinner prepped and kids fed by 5!! WHAT!! haha. Oh how funny we are :)


So last night my girls Sarah and Molly came over. When Molly and I first started scrapping together she was working on layouts. Then she discovered bullet journals and listing and she has found her calling and I love it. I love watching her progress and her creativity blossom and it reminds me of myself and how I was when I got back into scrapping after so long.


Last night was the first night that I actually worked with watercolors with other people around. I normally keep my mixed media projects for when I am alone, but they were screaming at me last night. I honestly had no idea where I was going from this and you can tell that by the picture at the top of the page. It looked like a party hat at first and that was how I got the idea for the colors. 


I used pink and blue and combined they made the beautiful purple you see. I love doing drips it can be hypnotizing moving them around the paper. The important this to remember is that there is no wrong way. The most important thing to know when mixing colors though is your color wheel and I learned that from Irit Landgraf. I have been studying color theory and it has helped me significantly. 


I love how playful and colorful everything turned out. How will you create this weekend? 

Tiffani xx



4 comments:

  1. Wow Tiff - this is so gorgeous. Wish I were there crafting with you guys! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun! Which brand of watercolors is your favorite to play with on backgrounds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only ever used my artist loft brand from Michael's. I have been wanting some of the higher priced sets, but cannot bring myself to buy them.

      Delete